Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WOW WOW WOW, Pittsburgh's Goin' to the Super Bowl

By D-Spat

All, sorry for not updating the blog. Next week will be hardcore like last. Honestly, I’ve been in recovery, I feel like I played. Between the jumping up and down, the cold, the yelling and screaming … my body feels like I ran marathon.

But, WOW.

Really, even two days later that’s all I can really say.

It was amazing and I was there.

My cousin Danny and I were there.

All my friends talked about going to the game.

As prices soared, people dropped out.

As it got closer, all backed out. Too far to drive, too much money, it’s going to be too cold.

At end of the week, TWO SPATAFOREs stood tall.

Surprise … Surprise.

Armed with Terrible Towels in hand, IC Light a plenty and draped from head to toe in black in gold we made our journey to Da’Burgh.

We were there; we took it in, like only our fathers would have done.

Like the Spatafore men did many times before, we followed in their footsteps and were warriors.
To be there with my cousin was truly a special moment.

The crowd made the game that much better, but let’s face it our TEAM came up big.

You can’t beat a time three times, please!

And nothing better than beating the Hated Ravens.

It was the coldest time of my life, I still have no feeling in my fingers tips, even as I write this. Our beverages froze in seconds.

Getting to the game, the AFC Championship, the cold, the snow, the atmosphere, Pittsburgh during a playoff game, the fans, the chants, the two teams, the rivalry, the BOUNTY, the game itself the, the outcome, the biggest crowd in Heinz Field History, being with my cousin, being a Italian American … WOW.

It was truly the best night of my life.

Knowing we were part of the biggest crowd ever was amazing.

STILLERS fans are the ultimate 12th man, there is no question in my mind after this game.

The place was alive, it was AWESOME.

We were among 65,350 absolute animals.

Our uncle Gary was so proud of us.

I know my Dad was watching and smiling down on us.

We were maniacs, after all the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Hey, Pittsburgh’s goin’ to the SuperBowl!

My emotional state is still out of this world.

Here are two links for you guys.

This is the new Here We Go song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1OrZoAsA8

And I’m so mad it I didn’t find this last week, but this is awesome too. This guy is an animal for making this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmP-nm0jaZE&feature=related

Here’s the crowd after game singing Here We Go (I’m pretty sure I started this chat!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IURsUXZBvY

####

No comments:

Post a Comment