Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"America's New Team!"

By: Marc R.

Now I cannot offer the same first-hand experience as my colleague when it comes to the 2009 AFC Championship experience.

Mine was filled with chips, various kinds of dips, homemade pizza and of course beverages.

I was not brave enough to venture out in the cold with two of the wildest Italian-Americans I have ever met!!

However, when Polamalu intercepted that duck Flacco called a pass, I knew my friends at Heinz Field shared the same emotions I did - joy, happiness and the idea that history is going to repeat itself.

When the Steelers win and cap off the six-pack, Punxsatawney Phil will wake up the next day and realize that the shadow he sees is not his own, but that of a dynasty that will hover over the entire NFL!

The Black and Gold may not have appeared in the most Super Bowls (that honor goes to Dallas), but they will stand alone in the league as the only teams with six trophies!!

Sure, everyone will argue about the Patriots reign in the late nineties/new millenium.

The Cowboys and 49ers will be in the topic of discussion also. The Bills maybe (I emphasize that) will be talked about their 4 straight AFC Championship crowns.

However, no team will have achieved what Pittsburgh has.

The Rooney family, I salute you!

You have taken the ideals of the blu-collar working man and instilled it into your franchise!!

Because of your willingness to stay true to your values, On Sunday February 1st, you will ensured that the Pittsburgh Steelers need to be given the title.....

"America's Team"

No comments:

Post a Comment